Monday, September 20, 2010

Teen Camp

The next major part of my summer was teen camp. We got home from horse camp late Friday night - or should I say very early Saturday morning? Anyways, after coming home we slept, then unpacked, washed things, and then Jess and I packed again. Sunday we went to church, then when we got home, we double checked everything we packed to make sure we didn't forget anything. Yeah, it was really hectic :)

On Monday, we left. Now, this campsite was different than the one we'd went to last year. When we arrived, to our great delight, we found that the girl's cabins were about a mile walk from the tabernacle, mess hale, and game/sports areas. (I'm just kidding though - it wasn't a mile walk, though it definitely felt like it!).

The theme for teen camp was "That all the earth may know," which was taken from 1 Samuel 17:46. The whole week, we heard preaching from 1 Samuel 17. I think my Bible ended up being creased to that chapter :).

Camp opened up with a challenge, and then the teens went off for a few moments of prayer, which was an awesome way to start camp.

The main speaker this year was Evang. Dwight Smith. He was a phenomenal speaker! He spoke about... well... many things :). On Thursday night (Thursday night is family night... the teens' families come out if they can) he preached on "A Tiny Lunch that Fed a Great Big Bunch." It was about giving all you have, although it may be very small, to God. It was an awesome message.

So, (I know, I'm making this short :)) all in all, teen camp was great! When we left, Bro. Smith handed out sheets to help memorize verses... I've been using it a lot.



In Christ Alone,


No comments: