Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lots of Things

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My family and I have been busy with Christmas and all, then we had to stop our holiday break and start school back up. I guess I coulda found time New Year's day sometime, but I was savoring the time with family, and I decided I could post something soon, anyhow.


And if any of my posts look... weird or something, it's because I couldn't get the blogger to "cooporate." :]

So here is what we've been doing lately:

On Christmas morning, Jess and I woke up to a certain energetic 8-year-old Emma bouncing us awake with shouts of "It's Christmas!!!" Emma's middle name just happens to be "Elizabeth," which we discovered means energetic. So, if anyone ever said that her middle name's energetic, they'd be correct :D. She then went to wake Mom and Dad up, and we all followed her, hoping to watch her bounce them awake. Unfortunately, Emma whispered to them instead... too bad. *sigh*

All five of us then gathered 'round the [fake] Christmas tree to wait for Mom and Dad to get up. I have a few pics from Christmas day, but I'm not able to put them up right now. I'll probably post them in my next post :).

So, finally Mom & Dad got up and we opened up our presents from Jess. I not only had a Christmas present from her, but also a b-day one - because she'd ordered the gift, but it hadn't come in time.

Anyway, Mom got a rubix cube (which we all get to enjoy!), Dad got "the Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck, Karissa got a book... I think it's series is the Mandie series or something. Emma, I think, got some Little House paper dolls, while Megan got a cute little book (Mr.Pippins) about a girl and a little racoon. My two gifts were the last to books of the "Shadowcreek Chronicles."

I was beginning to wonder where the presents were from Mom & Dad, as there weren't anymore presents under the Christmas tree for us. It turned out that our present wasn't really something you could wrap. They were tickets to see the Celtic Women!!! I was really surprised. I thought that only Mom & Jess were going to go, but Dad got tickets for all of us! Unfortunately, the "fulfillment" of our Christmas present will have to be in March.

The rest of Christmas day was filled with relatives, a lot of yummy food, and opening presents. We got so many I can only remember a portion of them!

On New Years day, we went to a Family Night at church. First, Pastor gave us a challenge from Ephesians 5:15-17, about redeeming the time. It really made me think about how I need to spend every moment for Christ, and to carefully pray and take time and consideration over things rather than to make a quick decision that I'd likely regret.

After the challenge the families gathered round the different tables to participate in a gingerbread house-making contest. It turned out I put too much water in our icing, so it was a little messy - the house had natural icicles! Then, while we were waiting for the "judges," we started to eat. There were three categories in the gingerbread house contest - I can't remember what they were, though. We didn't win, but the prize was another gingerbread house, which I don't think we would've ended up doing, anyway. I think, if there'd been a category for sloppiness, we probably would've won :D.

After eating, we played games, and then went home.

Yesterday was Dad's b-day. We went to Carabas. The food was absolutely delicious! Of course, being an Italian resturant, there was plenty of garlic all over my food. YUM!!!! The chicken I got had been grilled (I'm asuming) and Daddy thought is was steak, at first. Of course, then he wanted to try it, and everybody else after him :). Thankfully, I wouldn't have been able to finish it all, anyway. Daddy said that I should make chicken like that all the time, but I don't really know how to use a grill...

And, (of course), we had his favorite chocolate bundt cake when we got home. Even though I hadn't eaten all my dinner, I still ate a few bites. I mean, who would want to miss out on a once-a-year rich chocolate cake? Happy (slightly belated) B-day, Daddy!

Sorry if a rambled on a bit...


No comments: