Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful, #2

     (I apologize for my blog's appearance... technical difficulties :D)

     I am so thankful for the Bible. It is so many things - it is truth; it is God's letter to us; it is the final authority; it is our only offensive weapon; it is the Word of God. As truth, it is our light. As God's letter to us, I am reminded of all He's done and am thankful. As the final authority, it keeps us grounded in the truth. As our only offensive weapon, we can use it to attack the devil. And as the Word of God... well, read this verse:

     "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
     ~ John 1:1

     Here's a few more verses:

     "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
     ~ Psalm 119:105

     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction in righteousness:"
     ~ 2 Timothy 3:16

     "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"
     ~ Ephesians 6: 17

In Christ alone,



No comments: