Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful, #5

     (apologies for my lack of diligence, and for my many apologies :D)
 
     I am so grateful that God is infinite.
     That conference I mentioned in my last post was at Cary Schmidt's (author of Life Quest, Just Friends, and other books) church. During one of his messages, he mentioned that humanism would tell you that you "should be the best you you can be." He also mentioned how people are trying to climb to the top of "their" mountain. And I thought, you know what? When you climb to the top of yourself, there is nowhere left to go except down. But with God... Yes, God is infinite. There is always "up" with God.

     "Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite."
     ~ Psalm 147:5

     "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen."
     ~ 1 Timothy 1:17

     "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."
     ~ Jude 25


In Christ alone,

No comments: