Saturday, January 23, 2010

Last night's "ladies party"

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I just couldn't really think of anything to post, and then I just sort of forgot about blogs...

Anyway, last night, some of the men from church went to a men's retreat. So, some of us ladies gathered at my house. It was really great! Mostly, we just talked. We gave Katie and her mom a tour of the house. Of course, Katie, Jess, and I stopped at the books. We have sooo many books, and there are probably about 1/3 of them that I haven't even read yet! Katie saw that we had "Stepping Heavenward," and insisted that Jess and I read it really soon. I know I will... once I finish "The Canterbury Tales" and "Beowulf." And then, I also plan to read "In My Fathers' House." I'm not quite sure what it's about, but I think it has something to do with fathers and daughters.... *sigh* I guess I need to get reading!

The other things that happened at the "ladies party" were: I held the baby (girl). She's so adorable! All babies are. Of course, we ate. And talked and talked and talked. And my grandma came right before all the ladies left. She even brought fudge! Mmmmm... That's pretty much it. I think the best thing for me at the "party" was that it feels like family. It really does.



In Christ alone,

No comments: