Monday, January 11, 2010

Skiing

After church last night (my church has a morning and afternoon service), Dad, Jess, Karissa, Meg and I went skiing. I was really nervous, excited, scared... at the same time. I find it amazing at how many emotions a person can feel all at once! Anyway, after trudging through the snow in our ski boots (which is no light task, believe me!) and carrying our skiis, Dad got the tickets, we put on our skiis, and went on the lift. It was really fun! On the first run, Mom and Emma took a picture from the bottom of the hill (I think) as we were coming down, then they left. All of us went on two more runs, then went to the lodge. The one hill seemed really steep at the top. That was pretty scarry, at first. I sorta wished I could just close my eyes until we got the to the bottom, but of course I couldn't do that! And yes, I did breathe a quick prayer for courage then... After the third run, we went to the lodge. We would sit in "shifts" - Dad would ski with one or two of us, then come back to switch skiers. Unfortunately for those waiting, it was really boring, especially since we didn't have anything to do! But Megan didn't want to ski anymore, I don't think (as she fell asleep on the table, and when she woke up she just wanted to go home). I think I enjoyed the last run the best - by then I'd almost gotten the hang of it. If you're wondering how we ski, Dad and Jess ski very well, Karissa is a natural, Megan hangs on to Dad (which is definately adorable watching), and I pretty much ski the same way I did five years ago (that is, very slowly with the tips of the skiis together, and in an almost sitting position... hehe!)



in Christ alone,

No comments: