Monday, January 25, 2010

Which book should I read next?

Today, I had to return the "Canterbury Tales" to the library - someone else is "in line" for it, so I can't check it out again right now. I'm sorta glad I got a break from the book! Now, though, I have to read "Beowulf." So far, it's okay, but it is a little grusome. Anyway, the reason for this post is to explain my pole a little. I've sort of come to a dilemma in which book I should read next. I know I should start reading instructional books, but I also want to finish a serious.



First, "In My Father's House" and "Daughters of Destiny" Are both books that are basically essays on things. The essays in "In My Father's House", I think, have something to do with learning that marriage isn't the only thing God has for you. I'm not sure if that's excatly what it's about, but I read the inside cover and sort of paraphrased :). "Daughters of Destiny" has essays, poems, and stories - basically on being the daughter that I should be.



I think most people have heard of "Stepping Heavenward," right? Well, I want to read this book because... well, I've heart it's a really good book that all young ladies/women should read.



And then, to explain the last two choices - Book #1 or Book #3 of "The Shadowcreek Chronicles." I have read books 1 and 2 of the series, but that was a little while ago. I'm debating, if I read these books next, whether to read the whole series together, or just the last two books.


So, vote ahead!



In Christ Alone,





2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

It's always nice to have a selection of books to choose from.

Angie Gamgee said...

Yes, it is. Definately better than having none!